How Jeb Bush Is Really Doing
1. Donald Kettl at Washington Monthly considers Scott Walker on governing.
2. Seth Masket at Mischiefs of Faction asks how Jeb Bush is doing.
3. At the Monkey Cage, Kim Yi Dionne and Laura Seay are there to help if you want to get up to speed on Africa this summer.
4. Smart Philip Klein comment: Republicans should double the number of debates. One advantage he doesn’t mention is that with plenty of debates, some candidates would choose to opt out of some of them (as they did in 2012), thereby helping to solve the “too many candidates” problem without anyone having to impose a solution.
5. Nice one from the Boston Globe’s James Pindell on how New Hampshire makes Tom Brady apologists of (most of) the candidates.
6. And at the Fix, Amber Phillips listens to John Kasich.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org