Erdogan the Conqueror
Two recent anniversaries define the choice Turkey will make in elections on Sunday. The first, marked by a huge rally last weekend led by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, recalls the capture of Constantinople by Mehmet the Conqueror in 1453. The other was the second anniversary of protests in Istanbul's Gezi Park, which Erdogan crushed. Turkish police blocked its commemoration.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- GOP Health-Care Bill Is Fair to All States