Bernie Sanders Won't Be Vice President
1. Nice one from Andrew Gelman at the Monkey Cage about public opinion -- and what political scientists know and don’t know about it.
2. There’s been a flap the last few days about partisan polarization (well, in particular over the last few days, but also over the last several years). Anyway, please read Josh Huder at Rule 22. Essential.
3. Karthick Ramakrishnan and Sono Shah at the Monkey Cage on where the biggest changes would be if the Supreme Court changes one person, one vote.
4. Jonathan Cohn at HuffPost updates on how Obamacare is changing mental health coverage.
5. Sarah Posner looks at scare rhetoric from Marco Rubio.
6. The choices Republicans will face in a post-King world (if they win in the Supreme Court), nicely analyzed by Greg Sargent at the Plum Line.
7. Excellent Matt Yglesias take-down of the idea of Bernie Sanders as a Veepstakes contender.
8. And the Upshot’s Nate Cohn on how public pollsters operate.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com