Stop Calling China a Currency Manipulator
Christine Lagarde's people say China's currency is no longer undervalued. Jacob Lew's argue it still is. There's a lot at stake in the debate: The yuan can't gain status as a global currency reserve if China is thought to be manipulating its value. So who should we believe, the head of the International Monetary Fund or the U.S. Treasury Secretary?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.