Debating 'The Wire' Creator on Baltimore Arrests
Last week, I wrote a response to an interview David Simon gave to Bill Keller of the Marshall Project, about the link between Baltimore police practices and last month's riots. In that interview, Simon, creator of "The Wire," argued that former Baltimore Mayor Martin O’Malley's strategy of “mass arrests” were in large measure responsible for the death of Freddie Gray and the violence that ensued. I pointed out two statistics that Simon omitted from his analysis:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- The Tax Bill Won't Matter When It's Time to Vote
- 4 Developments to Watch in Global Economy