Who Else Spilled Secrets at Hedge-Fund Party?
On Monday evening, European Central Bank board member Benoit Coeure told a closed-door reception for hedge-fund traders, economists and fellow central bankers that the bank would probably accelerate bond-buying this month and next, ahead of an anticipated summer lull. Everyone else learned about the plan on Tuesday morning, an appalling breach of the rules concerning selective disclosure. What we don't yet know is which other central bankers at the event might have spilled illicit beans.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.