Get-Out-the-Vote Campaigning Works
1. At the Monkey Cage, Andrew Gelman reviews the latest evidence that get-out-the-vote campaigning really works.
2. Robert Farley at The Diplomat on China’s (possible) MIRV future.
3. Seth Masket at Political Standard on why Republican party actors haven’t decided on a presidential candidate yet.
4. Dan Drezner at the Washington Post on presidential leadership and trade.
5. Over at Kevin Drum’s place, Heather Digby Parton remembers when Republicans were about to go all libertarian -- and peacenik.
6. Credit to Ed Kilgore for reminding everyone the thing we’re not going to have is a deadlocked, not a brokered, convention.
7. Brian Beutler at TNR reads the latest Charles Murray effort and finds it’s part of the conservative anti-democracy movement.
8. And here at View, Noah Smith on the virtues of big government.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org