The Return of Russ Feingold
1. Julia Azari at Mischiefs of Faction on partisan polarization and Russ Feingold’s return (as a candidate, at least).
2. Hey, a political scientist -- Emily Farris -- has become a famous non-candidate. For president. Of the United States. Yoni Appelbaum at The Atlantic explains (it’s actually all about polling, and very interesting).
3. I also liked Steven Shepard at Politico on the technical difficulties pollsters have with the large and unformed Republican field.
4. House Budget Chair Tom Price has an Obamacare alternative; Philip Klein has details.
5. While Greg Sargent looks at what the Price plan does to the prospects of a Republican congressional reaction to the Obamacare subsidies court case.
6. “Why Some Male Members of Congress Won’t Be Alone with Female Staffers.” Sarah Mimms at National Journal with an important story. Don’t miss it.
7. And Jaime Fuller on the media’s interest in hair. Bernie Sanders’s hair, that is.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com