Internet Companies Shouldn't Be Censors
PayPal blocked an account set up by Russian activists seeking to collect funds for the publication of a report on Russia's involvement in eastern Ukraine. The U.S. online payment company explained that it didn't "provide the option of using its system to receive donations to political parties or causes in Russia." It's just the latest example of an Internet giant cast in a role for which it is ill-equipped.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea