How Should Developing Nations Grow?
Lant Pritchett is a development economist, which means that he studies why countries make (or fail to make) the transition from poor to rich. He teaches at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, which makes him pretty elite. I, on the other hand, have never even studied development economics. So when I say that I think Pritchett’s four criteria for determinants of development are almost entirely wrong, you should take it with several grains of salt.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.