Princess Leia, Political Icon
1. Is partisanship in the House exaggerated? Laurel Harbridge at the Monkey Cage thinks so, sort of. Interesting.
2. Why you shouldn’t believe those articles about Obamacare causing increased emergency room visits -- but also, why they’ll likely turn out to be correct eventually. Sarah Kliff at Vox is invaluable as always.
3. I agree with Ed Kilgore that 2016 will tell us a lot about the state of the presidential nomination process.
4. Stan Collender is really not impressed at the Republican achievement of passing a budget resolution.
5. Here at View, Peter Orszag piles on about the gimmicky Republican budget.
6. Bryce Covert: Whatever one wants to say about Carly Fionina’s political career, be careful about criticizing her corporate career.
7. Jeet Heer at the New Republic on free speech.
8. And Alyssa Rosenberg celebrates “Princess Leia, political icon.”
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org