Justice Roberts Mixes It Up
1. At the Monkey Cage, four political scientists say there’s little reason to worry about a public opinion backlash if the Supreme Court rules for marriage equality.
2. Dan Larison on Congress and foreign policy.
3. At TNR, Brianne J. Gorod argues that Chief Justice John Roberts is becoming less predictable. I’m not convinced -- yet.
4. The Atlantic’s Molly Ball profiles John Kasich.
5. Ed Kilgore can’t see Kasich as a strong contender. I’m more bullish on Kasich, but I do like Kilgore’s nice take on the Balanced Budget Amendment: “a worn-out political gimmick that is both deeply stupid and boring.”
6. Suzy Khimm reports on liberals refocused on down ballot elections.
7. Ross Douthat on Baltimore.
8. Greg Sargent reports on what's going on in the states with Medicaid expansion -- and what it says about where Republicans are now.
9. And at Bloomberg Politics, Ali Elkin listens -- really listens -- to Hillary Clinton’s voice.
Get Early Returns every in morning in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org