Fed Signals Tightening, Loosely
The Federal Reserve Board's comments today support the view that the rate-increase cycle it intends to embark on will constitute the loosest tightening in its modern history: an uncertain start, a shallow path and a terminal point below historical averages. The reasons for this are both domestic and foreign; and the longer-term implications are unusually uncertain.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Kept One Promise. The Shutdown Is Proof.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- President Trump's First Year, in 14 Metrics
- Amazon's Pointless Obsession With Cashiers
- The Shutdown Should Have Never Happened
- Watching Trump's Economic Policy Preferences in 2018
- The Blockchain Is Not the World