Ritholtz's Reads: The Herd Mentality Will Never Die
Welcome back to the workweek. Let’s kick it off right with our expertly curated morning train reads:
- U.S. Money Managers Turn Cautious, Reining in Their Optimism Since the Fall (Barron’s) but see Why This Old Bull Market May Not Be Ready to Die (MoneyBeat)
- The Remarkable Life -- and Investing Lessons -- of Ronald Read (Washington Post)
- Three Valuable Lessons From the Nasdaq Bubble (Pragmatic Capitalism) see also Nasdaq Record Reflects Markets Stuck in Time Warp: Highs reinforce the lesson that valuation is a poor guide to short-term moves (FT)
- The Timeless Nature of the Herd Mentality (A Wealth of Common Sense)
- Is Obama the Most Deflationary Force in America Right Now? (Reformed Broker)
- The Death of Cash: Could negative interest rates create an existential crisis for money itself? (Bloomberg)
- Drone Revolution Hits the High Seas (Fortune)
- Migrant Boat Crisis: The story of the Greek hero on the beach (Guardian)
- Will Florida’s Coastal Economy Adapt to Rising Sea Levels? (Quartz)
- Astronomers Just Detected Light Bouncing Off an Exoplanet. Here’s Why That’s So Exciting. (Vox)
What are you reading?
Correlations Affect Hedge Fund Managers Performance
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Putin Won at the Ballot Box. He's Losing Elsewhere.
- There's a Blamer-in-Chief in the Oval Office
- Cambridge Analytica Behaved Appallingly. Don't Overreact.
- Warren Buffett Is Just an Average Employee
- McCabe's Firing Wasn't Political. Until Trump Made It Political.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- Putin's Hawks Got the Confirmation They Wanted