The Village Turns Against Free-Range Parents
Last week I wrote about free-range parenting and the madness of declaring the streets off-limits to unaccompanied children until they’re old enough to run for Congress. This morning, I wrote about the pernicious effects of child support, and how the government, in attempting to fill the roles that were once taken care of by communities, can end up making matters worse, often with the tragic result that poor people who can’t make their payments are punished so severely that their earning power is further eroded.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World