Should Victims Say How Boston Bomber Pays?
Should Bill and Denise Richard, who lost their 8-year-old son Martin in the Boston Marathon bombing, have a special say in whether Dzhokhar Tsarnaev gets the death penalty? The question goes beyond the family’s tragedy or even the problem of terrorism. It gets to the heart of why we punish criminals -- and why we sometimes execute murderers. The answer we give will tell us something important about how we want the law itself to work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.