Ritholtz's Reads: Chameleon of the Food World
Pour yourself a strong mug of Côte d’Ivoire coffee, and enjoy our longer form weekend reads:
- Curtis Macnguyen Is a Former Hedge Fund Star. And That Is Not Acceptable (Bloomberg)
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Consulting? (Chief Investment Officer)
- The Pursuit of Beauty: Yitang Zhang solves a pure-math mystery (New Yorker)
- Can civilisation reboot without fossil fuels? It took a lot of fossil fuels to forge our industrial world. Now they’re almost gone. Could we do it again without them? (Aeon) see also The $5 Billion Race to Build a Better Battery (Bloomberg)
- Build Your Own Cloud! Hard Drives Get a Second Life (WSJ)
- Washington Post Executive Editor Martin Baron on journalism’s transition from print to digital (Washington Post)
- What the NBA gets that the other big sports leagues don’t (WonkBlog) see also Baseball is struggling to hook kids ― and risks losing fans to other sports (Washington Post)
- How to Find Your Bliss: Joseph Campbell on What It Takes to Have a Fulfilling Life (Brain Pickings)
- The Radical Humaneness of Norway’s Halden Prison (NY Times) see also A record 125 people were exonerated of crimes in 2014. Here are 6 of their stories. (Vox)
- Say Cheese! Cheese is the chameleon of the food world, as well as one of its greatest delights. Fresh and light or funky and earthy, creamy and melty or crystalline and crumbly -- no other food offers such a variety of flavors and textures. (Gastropod)
History of Camera Sales with Smartphones Included
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Ugly Coded Critique of Chick-Fil-A's Christianity
- First It Was a Warm Coat. Now It's Hot Fashion.
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China
- Billionaire Bezos and the Warehouse Workers
- Collapse of Russia-Saudi Oil Deal Could Push Prices Down
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying