Hillary Clinton as Generic Democrat
1. Clarissa Hayward at the Monkey Cage answers a good question: “Why does the U.S. use public revenue to support private home ownership?”
2. Dan Drezner at the Washington Post listens to Republicans talking about canceling a deal with Iran (if there’s a final agreement, that is) and hears Democrats in 2008 talking about canceling NAFTA. In other words, cheap talk. Sounds right. (And yes, that makes it yet another symbolic issue.)
3. Kevin Drum makes the case for the Senate bill on a future Iran agreement.
4. Very good examination from Harry Enten at 538 on why Hillary Clinton will be nothing more or less than a generic Democratic candidate.
5. Excellent Ed Kilgore item on Clinton’s campaign operation, in 2008 and now. Good question, too, on what happened in New Hampshire that year. Unless someone has evidence otherwise, my best guess is to just blame New Hampshire contrariness.
6. Greg Sargent has the latest on the battle over Medicaid expansion in Florida.
7. Matt O’Brien looks at Marco Rubio’s budget math. Weakness, though? It’s apt to be as much a problem for him as very similar budget math was for George W. Bush in 1999 and 2000.
8. Chuck Marr at Real Clear Policy on the estate tax.
9. And Jonathan Chait has an important update about the biggest cover-up in U.S political history. Probably the biggest cover-up in world history, and quite possibly the biggest cover-up in galactic history.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Ugly Coded Critique of Chick-Fil-A's Christianity
- First It Was a Warm Coat. Now It's Hot Fashion.
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China
- Billionaire Bezos and the Warehouse Workers
- Collapse of Russia-Saudi Oil Deal Could Push Prices Down
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying