The Myth of Hillary Clinton's Hawkishness
1. Jonathan Ladd at Mischiefs of Faction throws more than a pail of cold water on the idea that Hillary Clinton is a foreign policy hawk.
2. John Sides at the Monkey Cage describes fascinating new research which might explain why in-parties find it so hard to win more than two consecutive presidential terms.
3. Seth Masket reminds us that campaigns can matter a lot in some circumstances -- and Hillary Clinton is excelling when candidate performance matters. At Pacific Standard.
4. While Meredith Conroy at The Brooklyn Quarterly writes about Clinton, the media, and gender.
5. See also Jennifer Victor’s nice MoF post with even more about women in politics.
6. Harry Enten at 538 makes the case for Marco Rubio’s strength as a presidential candidate.
7. Stan Collender notes the end (for now) of deficit politics in Congress.
8. While Pema Levy at Mother Jones discusses the fight over Social Security disability that House Republicans have set up for the end of the year – and how it will bleed over into presidential politics.
9. Good Dana Millbank item on the real principle underlying Republican opposition to Barack Obama’s Iran policy.
10. And HuffPost’s Jeffrey Young reports on the latest evidence that fewer and fewer Americans lack health insurance.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com