Ritholtz's Reads: Apple Watch Set to Beat iPhone
The U.S. presidential race heats up -- 18 months prior to election. I yearn for a more civilized process, like the U.K.’s -- two months and done. Oh, and our morning train reads:
- U.S. companies on course to return $1 tn to shareholders in 2015 (FT) but see also BlackRock’s Chief, Laurence Fink, Urges Other C.E.O.s to Stop Being So Nice to Investors (NYT)
- The indomitable benchmarks! (Statistical Ideas)
- The Fed Can Be Patient About Raising Interest Rates (WSJ) see also Minneapolis Fed’s Kocherlakota: Fed Shouldn’t Raise Rates in 2015 (Real Time Economics)
- Taste. McDonald’s still doesn’t get it (Newsroom Delivery)
- 6 years into this economic expansion Wage Growth is still mssing (Bonddad) see also Why American wage growth is so lousy (Economist)
- Apple Watch set to beat iPhone launch with 1 million-order weekend (MarketWatch)
- The wrong way to think about California water (LA Times) see also For Drinking Water in Drought, California Looks Warily to Sea (NY Times)
- Where Do You Go For Tech Support on a Bionic Hand? (MIT Technology Review)
- An Oral History Of How “Game Of Thrones” Went From Crazy Idea To HBO’s Biggest Hit (Fast Company)
- Billboards near Citi Field urge Wilpons to sell New York Mets (ESPN)
What are you reading?
2016 Campaign: Nobody Likes Anybody
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Ugly Coded Critique of Chick-Fil-A's Christianity
- First It Was a Warm Coat. Now It's Hot Fashion.
- Republicans Protecting Trump? Actually, It's Worse
- Trump Is Not Nixon and North Korea Is Not China
- Billionaire Bezos and the Warehouse Workers
- Collapse of Russia-Saudi Oil Deal Could Push Prices Down
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying