The Rise of Nokia's Also-Rans
In 2006, Nokia decided to spin off its also-ran mobile networking equipment business into a joint venture with fellow also-ran Siemens. That same year, French equipment maker Alcatel and its U.S. counterpart Lucent (AT&T's former equipment division), both still nursing their wounds from the turn-of-the-millennium telecom boom and collapse, combined forces.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test