A Taxonomy of 2016
1. Jamelle Bouie at Slate on Grant and Lee. Excellent.
2. Dan Drezner at the Washington Post on the neocon Rebublicans.
3. At the Monkey Cage, Lisa Denney looks at post-Ebola Sierra Leone.
4. Byron York at the Washington Examiner throws cold water on the idea that 2016 will be a foreign policy election. Exactly correct. If, as he fears, the economy is less than impressive, it will hurt Democrats because they hold the presidency; if it booms, it will help them.
5. Jonathan Chait notes that Ted Cruz isn’t eager to detail some small-government preferences after all.
6. There’s a lot of good and useful stuff in Nate Cohn’s taxonomy of 2016 Republican candidates. At the Upshot.
7. And Julia Azari at The New West on holding a political science conference in Las Vegas.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at email@example.com