The Incredible Shrinking EU Bank
European regulators seem intent on making it harder for banks to fund themselves. The painful wind-down of Hypo Alpe Adria Bank in Austria shows government guarantees are no longer ironclad, the German government wants to make senior debt haircuts possible, and the European Central Bank is not disclosing the capital targets that it has set for financial institutions in its new role as their supervisor.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea