Keep Washington Out of Your Kid's School
What do Republicans want federal education policy to look like? In the mid-1990s, they wanted to abolish the Department of Education. A few years later, President George W. Bush wanted to use federal dollars to make states reform their schools. Right now, Republicans are divided about what they want. The open question is whether they can make an effective response to the dramatic centralization of education policy that has taken place in recent years.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Yes, Trump's True Aim Is to Inflame Racial Tensions
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Puerto Rico's American Dream Is Dead
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?