Read Stuff, You Should: Hillary vs. House Republicans
1. At the Monkey Cage, Brandon Valeriano and Ryan C. Maness consider just what Russia’s recent behavior says about that nation.
2. Eduardo Porter at the New York Times on “The False Hope of a Smaller Government, Built on Tax Breaks.” Leans on Suzanne Mettler’s research; important.
3. Kevin Drum has some advice for Hillary Clinton about how to deal with House Republicans.
4. At Wonkblog, Lydia DePillis looks at what the Gap has learned a year after they raised wages.
5. HuffPollster’s Ariel Edwards-Levy looks at the numbers on voting issues in the news lately. Short answer: easier voter registration polls well; mandatory voting does not.
6. And Philip Bump at The Fix has a nice map of all of the people who Barack Obama has pardoned or whose sentences Obama has commuted -- including the 22 new commuted sentences yesterday. Interesting, but not enough dots on this map.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Cameron Abadi at firstname.lastname@example.org