Strong Dollar, Weakened World
Back when the U.S. Federal Reserve was doing whatever it could to keep credit flowing, companies and governments in emerging markets went on a borrowing spree in dollars. Now, with the Fed changing course and the U.S. currency rising, all that dollar-denominated debt is becoming one of the weakest links in the global financial system.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.