Read Stuff, You Should: Cruz and Reagan
1. At the Monkey Cage, Robert Lupton and Christopher Hare find that Ted Cruz isn’t too conservative for early-state Republican primary voters.
2. Also at MC, John Sides has more on compulsory voting.
3. Joshua Huder, at Rule 22, explains the House procedures for the budget resolution.
4. Harry Enten, at FiveThirtyEight, busts a bit of a myth about Ronald Reagan.
5. Ross Douthat attempts to make a case for Cruz as a plausible nominee, only to have the whole thing come crashing down.
6. Margot Sanger-Katz at the Upshot on the next, difficult steps toward expanding coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
7. And the Fix’s Chris Cillizza is basically correct: Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton are being helped, not hurt, by their family names. A big caveat: Don’t treat these two “dynasties” as if they were equivalent. Yes, Clinton’s husband paved the way for her political career, but that’s basically it for that so-called dynasty.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com