What's In Store for America's Workforce?
In the face of the labor market conundrum, the answer that many on the left have hit upon is to force employers to raise the wages -- to turn the protected sectors into a simulacrum of the old manufacturing base. If garment workers can't compete with Vietnamese and Bangladeshi seamstresses, then jack up the wages of the new jobs they get selling foreign-made garments at Target.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World