Obama's Moment in Afghanistan
Could more U.S. troops, given more time, finally defeat the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan? It would be folly to think so, after more than 13 years of fighting. On the other hand, a full withdrawal of U.S. soldiers might lead the still-shaky Afghan army to collapse during the coming fighting season. This is one reason for the U.S. to slow its troop withdrawal, as Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has requested.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- Bitcoin Futures Aren't a Big Hit, and That's Good
- Bitcoin Is a Bit of a Miracle at Any Price
- What's the Value of Bitcoin? Who Knows
- The Tax Bill Won't Matter When It's Time to Vote