Obama's Empty Message to Iran
Like almost all dictators, Iran's supreme leader has a legitimacy problem. Most Iranians today are too fearful to take to the streets and demand a government that represents them. (They tried in 2009 and 1999, and paid in blood.) But deep down, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei must suspect that millions of his own people quietly loathe him.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast