Read Stuff, You Should: The Reagan Cult
1. Eric McGhee notes that pre-registering 17-year-olds to vote works: It increases voting participation once they’re eligible.
2. Marc Lynch at the Monkey Cage on “Islamism in the IS age.”
3. Jonathan Chait on Reaganism as a cult.
4. Here comes “dynamic scoring” – and Josh Barro at the Upshot explains how it’s likely to go badly wrong.
5. Yup, Senate Republicans aren’t acting on judicial nominations. Jennifer Bendery reports at HuffPost, and compares the situation to 2007.
6. Jared Bernstein at the Washington Post is unimpressed with the House Republican budget.
7. Nicholas Bagley is absolutely correct about a supposed loophole that would allow Barack Obama to ignore the results of the latest Obamacare court case: Obama certainly shouldn’t do it, and liberals shouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t.
8. And Paul Waldman at Plum Line on the Oregon automatic registration law.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Francis Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org