Letter Won't Change Iran's Game Plan
I wrote last week about the unreasonableness of the Obama administration’s position that members of Congress are somehow straying beyond their proper bounds when they make it harder for the president to negotiate whatever deal with Iran he thinks best. A letter from 47 Republican lawmakers, warning that the president doesn’t have the power he claims, a document first reported on by Bloomberg View's Josh Rogin, was a silly stunt. But its silliness doesn’t alter the underlying constitutional or historical analysis. The president is still mistaken.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.