Read Stuff, You Should: Clinton's News Conference
1. Presidency scholar Andrew Rudalevige at the Monkey Cage walks us through treaties, executive agreements and the other things presidents negotiate with foreign nations.
2. Also at the Monkey Cage, Sarah Binder on centralizing Federal Reserve power in Washington.
3. TNR’s Brian Beutler on why Democrats shouldn’t be calling Senator Tom Cotton a “traitor.”
4. David Weigel at Bloomberg Politics brings us the latest on Republican efforts to rig the Electoral College. This particular type of constitutional hardball is terrible, but unlikely to happen.
5. Sensible comment by Ed Kilgore at the Washington Monthly about the e-mail flap: No, Democrats shouldn’t be worried that there’s no alternative if Hillary Clinton drops out.
6. While Matt Bors at the Nib has perhaps the best comment on Clinton, partisanship and the press.
7. New York’s Jonathan Chait has good fun with Paul Ryan’s upcoming film.
8. And Happy Birthday to Mark Metcalf, 69. Huh -- I never realized that The Master and the Maestro were the same guy. Did you? Less surprised that he was on a "Star Trek "(Voyager). And in a Savage Steve Holland movie. Wow. Also, yet another guy in “Oscar.”
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com