RIP Cozy Corporate America
There’s a fable we tell ourselves about the U.S. in the mid-20th century. In this tale, almost everyone had a good, secure, decent-paying job in manufacturing, thanks to the power of unions and the dominance of American corporations. Then, the fable goes, the rich used their money to seize control of politics and dismantle the old system, raiding companies in the name of shareholder value and turning the once-proud U.S. middle class into a nation of temps.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Don't Blame Robots for President Trump
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- No, Senator Graham, America Is Not an Idea
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again