Sweet Briar College Quits the Right Way
Sweet Briar College, a women's college in Virginia, announced Tuesday that it would be shutting itself down. The school is not entirely out of money. But the trends are going the wrong way for women's colleges as well as small, expensive liberal arts colleges that aren't named "Amherst," "Williams" or "Swarthmore." Having seen the writing on the wall and concluded that it'll eventually run out of money, it is closing this summer so that it can use the money to pay severance to employees and help current students find new academic homes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- Sorry, Bitcoin Fans. Digital Currency Is Still a Dream.
- After Trump and Brexit, Italy Falls for Nostalgia
- New U.S. Tax Rules Are a Gift to Europe
- Larry Fink’s Warning to CEOs Rings Hollow