Rip Van Winkle's Bond Nightmare
Imagine yourself as Rip Van Bondtrader, waking after a decade of slumber, and eager to make some money in the markets. Surveying today's backdrop, you'd probably conclude that the euro experiment is a failure. You'd be astonished that the Federal Reserve's target interest rate has been at 0.25 percent for the past six years. And you'd be flabbergasted to discover that your peers were buying, selling and investing in government bonds that trade at negative yields. In short, you'd want to pull the duvet back over your head, and go back to sleep.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- Sorry, Bitcoin Fans. Digital Currency Is Still a Dream.
- After Trump and Brexit, Italy Falls for Nostalgia
- New U.S. Tax Rules Are a Gift to Europe
- Larry Fink’s Warning to CEOs Rings Hollow