Masters in Business: Joe Saluzzi
This week, the “Masters in Business” radio podcast features Joe Saluzzi of Themis Trading. He and co-founder Sal Arnuk are co-authors of the book "Broken Markets: How High Frequency Trading and Predatory Practices on Wall Street Are Destroying Investor Confidence and Your Portfolio."
In the podcast, Saluzzi discusses how regulatory changes and a shift in exchange ownership from nonprofit to for-profit status led to a major shift in market structures. These changes have led to all manner of problems, not the least of which was the May 6, 2010, Flash Crash. Since then, we have seen mini crashes in individual stocks and, more recently, Treasuries and currencies.
Next week, I speak with Michelle Meyer of Bank America Merrill Lynch.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- North Korea's Secret Weapon: A Huge Electromagnetic Storm
- Dealing With China’s High-Tech Ambitions
- Why Trump Gets Away With Lying
- Thanks for Nothing, Supreme Court. You Left Patents a Mess.
- A Special Counsel Firing Would Be a Different Story
- How Long Can Trump's Long Con Last?
- Holding Up a Mirror to the Intellectuals of the Left