War Is Easy for a Candidate
Folks are making fun of comments by Scott Walker and Marco Rubio on how to defeat Islamic State, and fairly so. Walker says he will face down Islamic State with the steely will he brought to bear on the Wisconsin teacher’s unions; Rubio says he will do, well, kinda what President Barack Obama has been doing, except with Sunni troops. “The Iraqi army, of course,” says Kevin Drum, “is mostly Shiite. So apparently Rubio thinks we should ditch the Iraqi military and put together a coalition of ground forces from neighboring countries. But this would be ... who?”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.