Soda Tax Bubbles Up
Is it smart to impose a sin tax on soda? Many Americans hate the idea, considering it an imposition on personal freedom. Congress, likewise, won't go near it anytime soon. But it's been recommended -- for good reason -- by the panel of doctors and public-health experts who help define U.S. dietary standards. And it deserves a try -- ideally by city and state governments.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea