Read Stuff, You Should: Rating Presidents
Happy Birthday to Eddie Murray, 59.
The good stuff:
1. At Washington Monthly: "America is one of the only countries in the world with a real, working legislature that is a peer to the executive." So, Lee Drutman and Steven Teles argue, let's give Congress a more professional staff. I hope Congress is listening.
2. Jonathan Ladd at Mischiefs of Faction on a better way to rate presidents.
3. Kevin Drum at Mother Jones on gotcha questions.
4. National Journal's Lauren Fox on what some conservatives are thinking on the Department of Homeland Security funding bill.
5. And Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight on data, sports and things that aren't sports.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org