Germany Gives Greece a Short Leash
Contrary to all that's been said about Germany's uncompromising stand on helping Greece, Berlin showed today that it's willing to give the far-left government of Alexis Tsipras a chance. All he needed to do was clearly state that he wouldn't make any economic moves before consulting his country's creditors. Even if the rest of Tsipras's plans remain rather vague, Germany seems prepared to offer an endorsement -- while continuing to watch over his shoulder.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- The Picture Gets a Little Darker for Republicans
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- Republicans Are Barely Trying to Avoid a Shutdown