Read Stuff, You Should: Obama's Love of America
Happy Birthday to Kelly MacDonald, 39. There was a lot of talent wasted in the movie version of "Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy." "State of Play" is terrific.
Posting may be irregular this week (especially morning links) because I’m on the road, but here's some good stuff:
1. Josh Huder at Rule22 on the Department of Homeland Security funding battle, Congress and the presidency.
2. Solid column from Ross Douthat at the New York Times on how to tell if Republican candidates are serious on policy.
3. Xpostfactoid's Andrew Sprung on President Barack Obama’s love of the U.S.
4. While Brendan Nyhan at the Upshot explains why it’s easy for some to believe that Obama isn’t really American.
5. Ann Friedman at CJR explains “Why serious journalism can coexist with audience-pleasing content.”
6. And Reihan Salam at Slate argues that presidents should get out of the theology business.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com