Ukraine's Phony Peacekeeping Plan
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has just performed a sharp about-face: after months of rejecting the idea, he is now calling for United Nations peacekeepers to separate the sides in eastern Ukraine. A UN force really could help secure the country's dysfunctional truce. It's a shame that Poroshenko's proposal is probably only a diplomatic maneuver meant to provide the U.S. with a further argument for arming the Ukrainian military.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea