Read Stuff, You Should: Our Semi-Perilous World
Happy Birthday to Cybill Shepherd, 65. Is "Moonlighting" completely forgotten? It shouldn't be, despite its flaws.
The good stuff:
1. John Patty at Mischiefs of Faction on what Hillary Clinton is up to.
2. Tom Burke and Jeb Barnes at the Monkey Cage discuss why reforming disability insurance is hard.
3. I agree with Dan Drezner on Scott Walker and college, at PostEverything.
4. Dean Baker at Al Jazeera America writes about the real effects of the Affordable Care Act on the job market.
5. Ross Douthat at the New York Times continues to think about President Barack Obama’s prayer breakfast speech, and the reactions to it.
6. Margot Sanger-Katz at The Upshot on the Obamacare tax penalties.
7. The Atlantic's Jonathan Rauch points out that the U.S. isn’t particularly in danger these days, at least not in historical terms.
8. See also Dan Larison at The American Conservative, who makes the point in the context of assessing Chris Christie.
9. Inequality after the recession: At The Upshot, David Leonhardt looks at the evidence.
10. And I’m not much of a Jonah Goldberg fan, but good for him for calling out people preying on the conservative rank and file. At National Review Online.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.