Read Stuff, You Should: Presidents and Ratings
Happy Birthday to Carole Davis, 57.
The good stuff:
1. Excellent item about overrating the importance of presidents by Julian Zelizer at CNN.com.
2. Alex Roarty, at National Journal, on the 2016 general election and what political science models say about it right now.
3. New York's Jonathan Chait looks back on 35 years of taxes and economic performance.
4. At the Washington Post, Catherine Rampell suggests drug testing for anyone taking the home mortgage deduction.
5. George Gao, at the Pew Research Center, looks at approval ratings for presidents from Eisenhower through Obama.
6. Washington Monthly's Ed Kilgore asks whether Republicans have all come to believe that confrontation and extremism are a smart electoral strategy. They aren't, but Republicans certainly might believe they are, and that matters .
7. And the New York Times' Paul Krugman on charts and graphs, and media coverage of policy.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org