Japan Inc. Gets Moving
Shigehisa Takada personifies all that's wrong with corporate Japan. The Takata chairman has adopted a familiar response to the deadly airbag scandal that's enveloped his 82-year-old company: duck and cover. As the costs of recalling tens of millions of airbags mount -- they're likely to reach $264 million in the year ending in March -- Takata has remained out of sight, leaving underlings and lawyers to face the news media and testify before the U.S. Congress.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea