Currency Wars Have a Nuclear Option
Sweden has fired another salvo in the escalating currency wars by joining Denmark, Switzerland and the European Central Bank in introducing negative interest rates. As this battle intensifies, some market soothsayers are starting to whisper about capital controls as a possible nuclear option for central banks determined to win the race to the bottom of foreign-exchange rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.