The ECB Should Stay Out of Politics
Has the European Central Bank made itself the judge of which countries remain members of the euro area? That would be an amazing assertion of power -- on the face of it, completely at odds with its usual insistence that it stands outside politics. Yet that is more or less what the ECB seemed to do with its pronouncements on Greek debt last week.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious