Masters in Business: Dan Alpert
This week, the “Masters in Business” radio podcast features investment banker Dan Alpert, founder and managing partner of Westwood Capital. Alpert is the author of "The Age of Oversupply: Overcoming the Greatest Challenge to the Global Economy."
Alpert created the first collateralized debt obligations backed by commercial mortgage-backed securities, and one of the very first real-estate investment trusts. Over the past 30 years working in finance, he has developed expertise in distressed assets, structured products and real-estate financing.
Next week, I speak with Jim McCann, chief executive officer and founder of 1-800 Flowers.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Putin Won at the Ballot Box. He's Losing Elsewhere.
- There's a Blamer-in-Chief in the Oval Office
- Cambridge Analytica Behaved Appallingly. Don't Overreact.
- Warren Buffett Is Just an Average Employee
- McCabe's Firing Wasn't Political. Until Trump Made It Political.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- "Huge" Trade Deficits Are Smaller Than You Think