Going Beyond Jobs Numbers Noise
I keep telling investors to ignore the monthly frenzy surrounding the monthly jobs report (see this, this and this). It isn't significant for their holdings, at least not in any actionable way. By the time we know for sure that the economy has accelerated or slowed, stocks will have long since reflected this in earnings and then prices. It is only partially a joke to note that economists are often the last to know.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.